[ZPT] ZPT Speed Tutorial Wanted

Andy Meier andy@onyourmark.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:15:50 -0500

I must have something configured terribly wrong then.  It *does* take 400ms
to render this document on my server and it seems to me that such a simple
thing should never take so long.

It seems to take my server 400ms to enter ANY Page Template.  Any processing
I do inside of the template takes a negligible amount of time compared to the
time taken just calling the template.  If I have one page template that calls
another page template, the rendering time automatically goes up to 800ms.

You can see the speed difference for yourself by loading the Page Template:
http://new.hauntedwisconsin.com/index_html_stripped
and then loading the DTML Document:
http://new.hauntedwisconsin.com/polls/cached_showpoll

My Zope version is Zope 2.5.1b2 that was upgraded to Zope 2.5.1 and then had
the 2002-06-14 hotfix installed.

-Andy