[ZPT] Re: TAL's lack of an else...

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Fri Aug 1 14:30:53 EDT 2003

> Absolutely but I think that not having "else" is a serious deficiency. If you
> can point me to another vaguely respectable template language that doesn't
> have "else" I'll buy you a pint!

Well, this page lists a bunch of 'vaguely respectable' templating
solutions:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/tmpl/comparison/comparison.html

One of them is HTML_Tree, which parses HTML into a DOM, and then
programmatically modifies the contents of nodes.

As you can see it's got no 'else'. Phear. I've won a pint. Yey!
I'll get the salt and vinegar crisps :)

To go back to your problem how about having something like (throwing
ideas in):

<tag tal:condition="true:foo" id="foo_condition">
  <!--
  automagically set a global variable
  called #foo_condition to TRUE
  -->
</tag>
<tag tal:condition="false: #foo_condition">
</tag>

Am I making any sense?

--
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/