[ZPT] Re: [Zope] Using ZPT with options/radio/checkboxes

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Fri Aug 8 12:29:48 EDT 2003

Fergal Daly writes:
 > No. Actually,I thought someone else did. Now that I reread their
 > mail, I see that they were suggesting that it might be nice if TAL
 > deleted attributes for false values as well as for "nothing", not
 > claiming that it does.

Ah, ok.

For XML mode, it doesn't make sense to do this since it would prevent
including '' as an attribute value; it's not TAL's place to decide
what attribute values make sense in the particular XML being
generated.  (If attribute ommission and attribute == '' were
equivalent, tal:omit-tag='' and i18n:translate='' would suffer!)

For HTML, we could exercise more flexibility, but the use case would
have to be really strong, or we'd be breaking reasonable expectations
(that we touch as little as we need to).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation