[ZPT] Parent property?

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Aug 18 22:04:18 EDT 2003

On 2003-08-18 at 20:55:49 [+0200], Philip Kilner wrote:
> I guess the "subtext" of this is keeping application and presentation
> logic separate, but given what we are trying to do, that seems
> paradoxical - the application drives the presentation...and vice
> versa...in this case...
>
> This was all so easy in DTML...<sigh>

Actually, it doesn't seem to me to have anything to do with DTML vs. ZPT
but rather mixing data storage between ZODB and your RDBMS, which can be a
problem; see my own recent posts about this. It would seem to me to be
quite easy to replace this hierarchical structure with a relational mapping
and thus keep everything in the RDBMS and generate the content from that.

Charlie