[ZPT] Passing "options" keyword arguments to a PageTemplateFile?

Jon Whitener wmmail@twmi.rr.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:55:17 -0500

I'm creating a file-system-based product for Zope.  In my main product
class module, I have defined a list of "categories".  I'm trying to pass
the list as a keyword argument to a Page Template so I may access the
attribute within the ZPT via the "options" built-in keyword.

The text of the Page Template also resides on the file system in a
subdirectory ('zpt') of my product's directory.  In my class module, I
create myForm like so:

   myForm = PageTemplateFile('zpt/myForm', globals())

I cannot understand how to somehow call the myForm ZPT with the keyword
argument, e.g. theForm = myForm(list=categories).  Ultimately, I just
want the form ZPT to render a list of "categories" defined in the class
module.

Has anyone succeeded in anything like this?  This has been driving me
nuts for a week or so.  Please, ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jon Whitener
Detroit Michigan USA