[ZPT] Mini proposal: repeat-define and repeat-condition

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:54:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 9:10 am, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > In TAL I find that I frequently have to invent tags just to execute some
> > condition or variable definition repeatedly.  For example:
>
> This issue has come up before (ie. about a year and a half ago :). Does
> anyone recall where the conversation ended?
>
> I'd rather not call the attributes repeat-define and repeat-condition for two
> reasons:
>
> 1. there may be some other operation (other than repeat) in the future to
>    which these new operations apply (so what about "post-define" and
>    "post-condition"), and

The "post" prefix intuitively means "define/evaluate this after the loop".

> 2. they're awfully long names ;)

But they wouldn't be used often, and template blocks that use the proposed
attributes are shorter than the template blocks they replace.

Shane