[ZPT] Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Fix for UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:20:34 +0200

Florent Guillaume wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 11:13, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
> =20
>
>>>UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128) (Also, a=
>>>error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)
>>>     =20
>>>
>>Anyway the above behavior is werid and unpredicted, thus we stay with=20
>>AltPT for time being. Better slower but reliable then faster and=20
>>unpredicted...
>>   =20
>>
>Oh it's not unpredicted, I know all the places that pose problem.=20

Who else knows that? Does authors of Zope modules with bugs you know=20
know about them? Do you have access to Zope CVS?

>Fixing
>them in core Zope requires having time for the tests, and having the ZPT
>and general Unicode maintainers accept them.
> =20

Are they in Zope Collector? Maybe you have fixes (patches) too? Maybe=20
there is a reason to release unofficial ZPT Unicode PatchPack as it was=20
with Unicode for Zope 2.4 (or 2.5, do not remeber exactly). It was on=20
zope.org for a long time and people used it just because they needed it=20
and that PatchPack became part of Zope.

I have no hope they'll be in Zope 2.6 series, but 2.7 could be just=20
fine! Until that time there will be a lot of people using different ways=20
to make things work: ommiting Unicode and working in broken encodings or=20
using Unicode with other tools (like we are using AltPT, because we need=20
working code).

m.
--=20
Myroslav Opyr