[ZPT] zope3-dev proposal on changing implicitly calling

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Fri Jul 18 13:03:29 EDT 2003

Steve Alexander wrote:
> In the basic TALES implementation, I wouldn't. The behaviour of calling
> things as they are traversed, or at the end of a traversal, should be
> pluggable.

That makes sense, my only fear would be speed of execution. ZPT is crawling slow
enough already... how will you make sure speed is nto affected, or affect
positively ;-), by this proposal?

> I expect there will be a "here's a common usage" TALES implementation
> that does what TALES does now.

Well, I'm marginally in favour of Florent's ideas, but I guess a vote would be
the most sensible thing...

cheers,

Chris