[ZPT] zope3-dev proposal on changing implicitly calling

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Thu Jul 24 10:39:24 EDT 2003

> How do you go about setting traversal components for x, y and z?

In Zope 3, you set it up with a zcml directive, or by implementing an
interface that makes a component handle its own traversal.

> What would the default traversal components do?

That's a issue for zope3-dev, not the zpt list.
All I'm trying to do here is establish that the behaviour of either
calling or not calling the last item in traversing a TALES path
expression should be pluggable.

>> Ok. What about when 'z' should not be called?
>
> Can you give me an example of when that's the case?

z is a class object. You're more interested in getting an attribute or a
class method from it than creating a new instance.

--
Steve Alexander