[ZPT] changing the order of operations

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Mon Jul 28 18:08:32 EDT 2003

Jamie Heilman writes:
 > Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
 > > Not sure what you mean here; tal:omit-tag allows "" for true (omit the
 > > tag), while tal:condition requires an expression (at least according
 > > to the spec I'm looking at, which is labelled TAL 1.4).
 >
 > I mean the TALES expression 'default' is false for the former and true
 > for the latter (according to the docs, I haven't actually tested it).

Hmm.  With this document:

The tag is omitted for the first <p> element, which tells me that
default evaluates to true, not false.  Can you point to the precise
location you found this mis-information?

 > Cool, sooo.... wanna give me a hint where I should aim the patch gun?

Start with the method emitStartElement() in the module:

Zope 3:  zope.tal.talgenerator
Zope 2:  TAL.TALGenerator

  -Fred

--