[ZPT] What about Tassle ?

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:32:13 -0500

I am working on an alternate idea that spawned from the scss/tassl concep=
t. It=20
is a lot less like templating now and a lot more like transformation, but=
 it=20
fulfils the same goals of not having *any* special markup in the html pag=
e.=20
It requires you to know html (or xml), css selectors, Python and possibly=
=20
some DOM. No new languages were necessary, which is a *good thing* IMHO.

I am currently working on putting together a bunch of furniture that I bo=
ught=20
recently, and after that's done I plan to spend more time on it. I alread=
y=20
have a working prototype in Python as a proof of concept.

-Casey

On Thursday 20 March 2003 04:55 am, Stefan Bund wrote:
> Hello folks,
>=20
> last year (May 2002 to be exact), I was *very* interested in the
> thread entitled "Stylesheet Language" started by Evan Simpson.
>=20
> Now I ask the question, what has come of it? I've searched zope.org up
> and down without finding a single mention of Tassle, TSSL or
> Stylesheet Language. Has anyone started writing a
> specification/implementation/whatever? I don't actively follow Zope3
> development (though I'd like to ...) so if there is something in this
> direction in Zope3 I'd appreciate a pointer.
>=20
> The idea was really great and would solve a problem I've had several
> times, it would be sad to drop it.
>=20
> I'd be interested in contributing, but my resources are very
> constrained. I can try to inject some of it into other projects if I
> can justify it, but I can't promise :-)
>=20
> So I hope we'll get somewhere with this thing,
>=20
> Stefan.
>=20
> --=20
> Stefan Bund, Dipl.Phys.                   a   r   T   e  c      _____
> Entwicklung, Administration               visual solutions     / |  /|
>                                                               |----/_|
> sbund@artec-berlin.com                                        | /  | /
> Fon: 030 / 884684-0 | Fax: 030 / 884684-15                    |/___|/
>=20
> Gottfried-von-Cramm-Weg 35-37 | Berlin | 14193 | http://www.artec-berli=
n.com