[ZPT] Built-in STX and TAL wrappers proposal

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Tue May 27 20:29:25 EDT 2003

--On Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 13:06 Uhr -0400 Trevor Toenjes
<zope at toenjes.com> wrote:

>> What's wrong with using the standard.py module for this purpose? There
>> is really no need for a new qualifer for STX.
>
> Is the following example the best and accepted use of the standard.py
> module using STX?
>            python:pss.structured_text(here.content_html.page_copy)"
>
> If so, I will live with it. But it is inconvenient to use the define on
> every page, especially for a DTML-convert used to
> <dtml-var page_copy fmt=structured-text>

It is convenient enough. You can't expect to have shortcuts for all and
everything. About about the reST support in Zope 2.7...would you
like a shortcut for reST as well?  I think the current solution is fine
for most people. DTML is more convenient and shorter in some aspects but
it sucks two magitudes more than ZPT :-)

-aj