[ZPT] RE:Re: [Zope] prevent quoting in tal:attributes

fergal at esatclear.ie fergal at esatclear.ie
Thu Oct 2 04:58:57 EDT 2003

So everybody needs to add code to quote &s in all variables that will be used as attributes now? This doesn't sound good to me. There is a lot of code out there that currently works perfectly no matter what your strings contain (and remember some of these strings are entered by users so they could contain anything). Now all this code has to be rewritten to quote &s.

I'm not saying there should be only one way of handling strings. Both modes should be available. My point is that the old behaviour should be the default unless you want to subtly break lots of existing code,