[ZPT] RE:Re: [Zope] prevent quoting in tal:attributes

fergal at pop.esatclear.ie fergal at pop.esatclear.ie
Fri Oct 3 04:54:12 EDT 2003

There are some differences between what you asked for and what I'm talking about. What you asked for was allowing unescaped data to be passed into attributes. This could result in things like

value='he said "hello" to me'

<tag tal:attributes="att value">

becoming

<tag att="he said "hello" to me">

And I'm absolutely against that.

What's now on the cards is functionality which will escape some things but pass fully formed entities straight through unescaped. This has it's dangers and it's uses but as long as it's optional I have no objections. It should also be called something different to structure as it works differently and I can see no reason not to allow it on replace and contents as well as on attributes,