[ZPT] quoting in tal:attributes - adapters/prefixes stuff?

fergal at esatclear.ie fergal at esatclear.ie
Tue Oct 7 07:47:38 EDT 2003

The problem with using prefixes to do this is that the prefixes which do
less or even no quoting would have to somehow mark the string as "already
escaped, don't try to escape again". Even if you find a good way of
signalling this, it means that for every string you output you are going to
have to check for this flag.

Of course if you had the suggested prefixes _and_ a "noescape" flag you
could do

<tag tal:attributes="noescape attr some/value/escape:url">

and you would have no overhead for the common case,