[ZPT] variables and javascript

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Thu Oct 16 14:42:16 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 13:13, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Hi Mitch,
>
> Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Dumb question - I've inherited a site that is using javascript-based
> > rollovers for buttons, and have integrated everything in ZPT except for
> > the source of the image:
>
> Did you consider just CSS for the rollover?
> There is no need for images and complicated javascript.
>
>  From the user point of view I usually find this
> Javascript ridden image-load while rolling over
> very inconvenient.
>
> I bet I'm not the only one.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  But unfortunately I inherited the
site, and the developers that were fired before me did the design, and
the people paying me for doing the 'second surgery' don't want any
design changes, just a Plone site that works like it was supposed to.

	:(

Could be worse, though.  I have another site where one of the guys is
demanding a top navigation menu with sixteen buttons.  SIXTEEN BUTTONS!

(slaps forehead)