[ZPT] v2 of Path Prefixes in CVS

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Fri Sep 5 15:17:58 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Now, also, since IIRC, you sparked off the discussion about adapters
>> in TAL in the Zope 3 dev list some time ago, how does this 'new stuff'
>> relate to that?
>> The adapters stfuf has been implemented in the Zope 3 TALES package,
>> will this replace or augment it? If the anser is 'augment', then how
>> will the two interact?
>
> Your question to statement ratio is quite high, Chris! ;-)

Not sure what you mean by that, and if it's a good or bad thing ;-)

> Prefixes are separate from adapters, but many prefixes will look up
> adapters.  In fact, I'm almost certain we'll invent something like this
> in the future:
>
>   tal:define="prefix dc adapter:zope.app.dublincore.IZopeDublinCore"

This does look a lot like your suggestions for defining namespace in TALES ages
go, doesn't it? (he says, just rtying to check if he understands)

> The rest of your questions have been answered in this thread already.

...on the whole:

What does the method get as obj?
...the result of traversign the previous name in the path?

What does it get as name?
...the next bit in the path being traversed?

What does it get as name?

The adapters stuff has been implemented in the Zope 3 TALES package, will this
replace or augment it? If the anser is 'augment', then how will the two interact?
...re-read the thread now the lists are working again, still can't find the
answer to this :-S little help?

How do I wire the method above to the prefix 'template'?
...likewise with this one. If I wrote code that needed to be trusted, as in your
example, where would I put it? What would the tal:define="prefix look like?
Similarly, if it where a python script, would it be:
tal:define="prefix myprefix nocall:root/folder/mypythonscript"
?

cheers,

Chris