[ZPT] PageTemplateFile again. Why Antipersistent??

Axel Müller axel.mueller at amit-services.de
Tue Aug 24 10:55:58 EDT 2004

Hi,
I've got it.(for mor info please have a look at my last mail in Thread
"PageTemplateFile").

HtmlFile, ImageFile etc. can be added to instances in ZODB:

setattr(self,'name',HTMLFile('asdfad',globals()))

(replace HTMLFile as needed)

Why isn't this possible for PageTemplateFiles? Ok, because of:

    def __getstate__(self):
        from ZODB.POSException import StorageError
        raise StorageError, ("Instance of AntiPersistent class %s "
                             "cannot be stored." % self.__class__.__name__)

But why is this nessesary and is there a way to pass this?

any help appreciated
 axel