[ZPT] Any news on Template Style Sheet Language?

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Mon Dec 6 12:19:18 EST 2004

> Am Montag, den 06.12.2004, 15:36 +0000 schrieb Hamish Lawson:
>
>>Back in May 2002 Evan Simpson intimated that he was thinking about an
>>extension to ZPT called Template Style Sheet Language [1]. "Much like
>>CSS, this would allow you to write the equivalent of TAL statements
>>out-of-line, and apply them based on tag selectors." Was any progress made?

Nope.  Since I left Zope Corp. my desire to work on Template Rule Sets
(TERSE) has surfaced from time to time, but the scale of the
implementation (it requires rewriting much of TAL and ZPT) has foiled
me.  I'd still like to see it happen, but counting on me to get it done
would be a mistake.

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> PS: I'm not sure wether this list is already dead

Not dead, but moribund.  Really, this is the only sort of question that
really belongs here these days.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am