[ZPT] ZPT and ZSQL Methods

Joao Paulo Liberato jpliberato at horizon.com.br
Wed Jul 14 16:13:43 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I have a very basic question.  I'm starting with Zope, and I'd like to
grab some data from a MySQL database.
The DA for MySQL was installed without any problem, and I could connect
to my database.
I was reading the Zope Book, chapter 18 - Relational Database
Connectivity, and all examples were given using DTML.
But I don't want to use dtml.  Hence, I'd like to know how can I use ZPT
to call a ZSQL method, passing parameters to it, and how to process
those parameters within the ZSQL Method.
Can anyone provide me a basic example of how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Joao Paulo.