[ZPT] access multiple zope objects( mode='edit' )

Michael A Rowley os2mac at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 27 16:52:58 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem... I have a site with multiple objects that are
logically linked together, and will usually be entered and used
together, but one may need to be repeated.  In real terms: keeping
track of vital signs... temp, pulse, respiratoryrate, BP.  Now, these
will almost always be done together, but there are times when one will
need to be repeated, and I don't want to overwright the original.  So
each is stored on it's own object for access purposes.  it Temp, Pulse,
Resp, BP, Height, Weight.  Now I have the problem of entering them.

I am using zope, plone 2.0, Archetypes 1.3a2, and zope.  I have been
pondering how to combine the above 6 items into one page, so that all 6
objects are edited on the same page, and then updated at the same time.
  Does anyone have an example of doing this, can point me in the right
direction, or just words of wisdom.  Some of the things I have been
thinking are using frames with a javascript submit button that will
submit each item on a separate thread back to the calling object, but I
will have to strugle out how to implement this...

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael