[ZPT] METAL and "incompatible version"

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal at limsi.fr
Thu Oct 21 07:03:06 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer a écrit :
> Laurent Pointal wrote at 2004-10-20 14:29 +0200:

>>While trying to put XML headers on my pages (using some hacks based on
>>metal macros found on the www), I encounter the following error:
>><<
>>Error Type: METALError
>>Error Value: macro 'here/std_template/macros/pre' has incompatible
>>version None, at line 1, column 1
>

> I faintly remember to have read about this problem (a ling time ago).
>
> It is very rare (we use Metal extensively and never saw it).
> I had the impression that the problem were there only for a very
> short time.
>
> What Zope version are you using?

I should have learnt with the tutorial before trying to use TAL & Co
from quick docs parsing and web samples...

Here is my mistake:

When I read
     <metal:template use-macro="here/main_template/macros/master"/>
I understand a main_template Fodler with a macro Folder containing a
master page template with the macro inside... Reaching lesson 4 of the
tutorial I find my error, its a main_template page template containing
the macro definition, /macros/master is just a way to design one macro
in the template. And yes, this is in the ZPT-METAL documentation too, i
found the indication after reading it more deeply (and knowing exactly
what I should found).

Sorry about disturbing you.

A+

Laurent.