[ZPT] CDATA section in zpt

"Jürgen R. Plasser" plasser at hexagon.at
Mon Nov 28 04:30:17 EST 2005

Fergal Daly wrote:
> <content:encoded>
> <![CDATA[
> ]]>
> </content:encoded>
>
> is essentially the same as
>
> <content:encoded>
>
>    &lt;span tal:replace=&quot;...&quot; /&gt
>
> </content:encoded>
>
> so TAL doesn't see a <span> element at all. It could be done with something like
>
> <content:encoded>
> </content:encoded>

I had the same idea right after my e-mail to this list, but the RSS feed
(of which this tag is a part of) worked fine without CDATA. When I build
the feed with the string expression, structure does not work for me
(error). And without structure the feed's content starts with a "[" and
ends with a ">" in my feed reader.

Jürgen