[ZPT] Re: [Zope3-dev] TALES namespace names cannot contain '-'

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:57:53 EDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> > Do any specifications need changing?
>
> I don't think so. If the directory the code is in has any TXT files you might
> want to read through them making sure that the characters are not mentioned
> anywhere.

These are supposed to look like URL schemes.  The generic URL syntax
(RFC 3986) defines the schema part like this:

    scheme = ALPHA *( ALPHA / DIGIT / "+" / "-" / "." )

Everything allowed by that should be allowed in TALES.  Either a patch
or a collector issue would be good.  I'd even consider non-support of
this much a bug, so it could be applied for Zope 3.1.1 as well.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation