[ZPT] Installing Zope 3 ZPT

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Sep 27 17:54:50 EDT 2005

OK, I've long put off installing a modern ZPT, instead relying on
zpt.sf.net, and I thought I'd resolve that.  But I can't figure out
where to get the darn thing.  One bit of instruction I found was to do this:

$ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zpkgtools/trunk zpkgtools
$ cd zpkgtools
$ ./bin/zpkg
--resource-map=svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/ReleaseSupport/trunk/PackageMaps/zope3.map
-ca ZPT
could not load from
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/testing (exit code 1)
----
temporary files are in /tmp/zpkg-SjKHWY

And there are some useful-looking files in there, like
/tmp/zpkg-SjKHWY/ZPT-0.0.0/Dependencies/zope.pagetemplate-ZPT-0.0.0/
almost looks like a proper package.  When I install it there's no
zope/__init__.py file, though.  I tried installing zope-ZPT-0.0.0/ which
puts the zope/__init__.py file in place, but no luck.

So what's the deal?  Something should really be on
http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/FrontPage too.