[ZPT] creating a definition list with tal

gf gyromagnetic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:39:37 EDT 2006

Hi,
I am having difficulties constructing a definition list using tal. I
have searched for relevant information, but have not found anything
useful.

I have a python script 'get_subfolder_info' that returns a list of
dictionaries containing subfolder information [{url1,summary1,alias1},
 {url2,summary2,alias2}, ...]

I would like to create something like the following:
<dl>
<dd>summary1</dd>
<dd>summary2</dd>
</dl>

Below I have listed a couple of the variations of code that I have tried.

I'd appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Regards,
gyro

===

The following creates repeated definition lists:

---

<dl tal:define="folder_info get_subfolder_info"
tal:repeat="finfo folder_info">
<dt><a tal:attributes="href finfo/url"
       tal:content="finfo/alias">the term</a></dt>
<dd tal:content="finfo/summary">the definition</dd>
</dl>

---

If I include a 'span' to repeat only the dt and dd tagged elements,
the list is not formatted properly (the 'span' messes up the 'dd'
formatting).