[ZPT] delete an item using form buttons

Miguel Sanchez Beato migsbnet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:53:46 EST 2006

Hi. I'm customizing templates from 'CMF Message' and I've found some
problems trying to delete the message once you've read it, that it, I
ead
the message (message_view.pt) so I can see the message author,subject and
text. At the same time I've got 3 options (form buttons
'class=standalone')
DELETE/ACKNOWLEDGE/REPLY. I have problems trying to delete the message
because I don't want the browser to go to the folder contents page in my
plone instance (I don't want my users can manage the message contents in
this case, I just want them to see the message, delete it and go back to
the
message fron-page view mode). So, the delete mode from 'message_view.pt'
template looks like:
 <form name="delete"
       action=""
       method="post"
       style="display:inline"
       tal:attributes="action request/URL2">

 <input tal:define="getRelativeContentURL
 nocall:utool/getRelativeContentURL;
                    hasGetUrl python:hasattr(context.aq_explicit,
 'getURL');
            item_rel_url python:hasGetUrl and context.getURL(relative=1)
 or
 getRelativeContentURL(context);"
            type="hidden" name="paths:list"
            tal:attributes="value item_rel_url" />

         <input class="standalone"
                            type="submit"
                            name="folder_delete:method"
                            value="Eliminar"
                            i18n:attributes="value" />

 </form>

I think the problem has something to do with 'action request/URL2' (in
fact I can "move" the browser to different pages using request/URL<i> but
always in contents mode, not in view mode) and maybe with
folder_delete:method.
Is there any way to (auto)delete the message and take you to some view
mode like the portal/front-page?
thanks!