[ZPT] Working with encoded values in more recent versions of ZPT

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon Aug 20 15:04:34 EDT 2007

Am 20.08.2007, 20:53 Uhr, schrieb Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>:

> This is caused by switching in the Zope3 (unicode based) ZPT
> implementation
> for Zope 2.10.

Yes, I know the cause and can see it in the tracebacks. It's just a bit
weird that string formatting works fine but TALES string: expressions
treat everything as ASCII. So maybe I need to look at the underlying
implementation of ZPT.

> The new ZPT implementaion required serveral minor releases before
> it became stable. Maybe, you do not yet have the most current version.

Zope 2.10.3-final. There has been another version since then but the
changelog makes no reference to ZPT.

> Andreas tried hard to control the inevitable string/unicode integration
> problems. Maybe, you read the available documentation to find out
> about your choices.

Have the ZPT docs been updated?

Charlie
--