[ZPT] Find and Replace in Dreamweaver

Tim tim.minor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:36:56 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm a front-end interaction designer with next-to-no knowledge of Zope or
ZPTs. I only found out what they were yesterday...

I also just found out that we are now using zpt's in a new project... fine
so far. However I normally use Dreamweaver (8), mainly just as a text editor
and asset manager, but am experiencing one slight problem. DW doesn't seem
to be able to search for text inside .zpt files... (Apparently we can't
change the .zpt file extension for legacy reasons - I didn't follow the
technical explanation.)

I've updated a couple of DW's config files to recognize ZPT files (grateful
for the following discussion:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2005-May/005981.html) but DW still won't
find text strings inside .zpt files.

I've had a hunt around but I can't find any other discussions on this
subject. If anyone has any pointers I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,
Tim