[ZPT] how to explore objects attributes and methods from a script or template

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:07:22 UTC 2011

Hi

> how do i get the attributes and methods list of an object?
> from a python script or a page template, dir(object) does not work?
As Fernando said it before. It is protected. One way would be to implement
an External Method, another way and perhaps much better, would  be to
implement a small python product with some security declarations in order to
avoid anonymous use of the method.

Anyway, keep in mind that expossing the "dir" method could be a security
risk. I would just adviced you to do a function which uses the "dir"-Method
and does whatever you want, but don't exposed it.

Best regards
Josef