[Zug-sig] UserGroups page on www.zope.org

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Nov 20 14:55:19 EST 2007

Alex Clark wrote:
> Done, http://www.zope.org/Resources/UserGroups/UserGroups. Let me know
> if this looks OK and I will "publish" it (publish, and retire the old one).
> It's in structured text so it should be very easy for people to edit and keep up to date.

This looks great. Thanks.

> - Do we want to ditch the Plone/Python centric groups in favor of *just* zope groups?

My thought is that it is easier to get forgiveness than blah blah blah.
Especially if it encourages Zope people to go to Python meetings. With
Plone groups, it's a no brainer.

> That was fun, it's always amazing to me to see how many times this effort has been started
> and stalled by the various Python, Zope, Plone camps ...

It's difficult. There are dead Python and Plone user group lists.
Basically, you can't successfully astroturf. And it's often hard enough
keeping a ZUG together, much less doing outreach. It has to somehow fit
into think globally, act locally.

It helps that zope.org links user groups right on the front page and in
the navbar. Yay us.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323