[BlueBream] how powerfull is ZODB?!

Justin Ryan justin.ryan at reliefgarden.org
Sun Jul 4 19:23:21 EDT 2010

> I have decided for Python, because python seems to give me the desired
> freedom I don't get with PHP5.

And much greater security, I hope you know.

> The JPype Project is nice for my Java BIRT Routines to call the reports
> when it is necessary, and Zope3 Component Model is just great. Just
> killing after the bluebream manual the developers book. So be sure guys,
> I will have a tons of questions, specially about GET Handling and so on....

I think you're likely doing something very unique in the Z/BB
community here, which I applaud you on..

> Before I would decide myself for anything, I must see how the success
> story ZODB looked in the past. On commercial side, I don't like suprises.

Zope Corporation has some great large-scale success stories, as the
Plone community does, and I encourage you to contact companies with
reputations for building large-scale Zope technology based solutions.
Lovely Systems, Zope Corporation, many others I should mention, and
countless individual members of the community are available to help
you evaluate your large-scale needs.

If you learn things on your own, I encourage you to offer to work with
the community on documenting large-scale usage.  I know I need to
document some of the testing I've done, though I think I may have lost
some load-testing code in an OS reinstall. :/

Best of luck!

Justin