[ZF] zope-announce moderation

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 27 13:04:41 EDT 2007

I'm a moderator for zope-announce.  My opinion is that zope-announce
should be for announcements and that discussion, especially
inflammatory discussion should go elsewhere.  Recently, someone
objected in strong terms to an announcement.  I discarded that
message. They CCed other lists though and people responded to their
comments.  This is fine, however, their responses went to zope-
announce.  I was able to discard one of these, but not the other
because some people can post without moderations.

I'd like to remove all unmoderated posters, requiring moderation of
all posts to zope-announce.

Any objections?

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org