[ZF] Announcement: 2011 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Thu Feb 3 05:31:20 EST 2011

On 02/03/2011 03:58 AM, Kit BLAKE wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2011, at 07:11, Jeff Rush wrote:
>
>> On 01/29/2011 09:05 PM, Jan Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I nominate Jeff Rush <jrush at taupro.com <mailto:jrush at taupro.com>>
>>
>> It's awfully quiet in here...
>
> This list has historically been quiet. It's mostly used for meeting
> planning and meeting minutes.

Oops, am I abusing the list mission a bit by posting here?

> Zope as both a code base and community seems to be splintering. The
> question is, will a fragment regenerate? If it's not sharding like glass
> but is more of a fractal transformation - which is what I hope - there's
> a good chance that it will.

The key factor in that scenario is communication among the splinters, so
that the core tech they depend upon, ZTK I presume, is managed in a way
that doesn't cause friction or incompatibility.  Zope-the-platform
should not splinter, only Zope-the-framework.

How will group A react if group B revises a ZTK component, improving it
for their use but *unknowningly* in a way that breaks group A's splinter?

I saw in the minutes there was a ZTK Working Group tasked with providing
this coordination at one point but that it faded away.

-Jeff