[ZF] Announcement: 2011 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting

Kit BLAKE kitblake at infrae.com
Thu Feb 3 04:58:22 EST 2011

On 3 Feb 2011, at 07:11, Jeff Rush wrote:

> On 01/29/2011 09:05 PM, Jan Smith wrote:
>>
>> I nominate Jeff Rush <jrush at taupro.com <mailto:jrush at taupro.com>>
>
> It's awfully quiet in here...

This list has historically been quiet. It's mostly used for meeting
planning and meeting minutes.

> For the record I accept the nomination and hope to get involved to
> promote Zope more actively.  I had already privately planned prior to
> nomination to host three OpenSpace guided-discussion sessions at PyCon
> this year in Atlanta.  Topics would be:
>
> - Finding Your Way Around the Zope Community
> - A Tour of the Zope Internal Subsystems
> - Five Cool Zope Technologies You Can Use -Outside- of Zope2

Sounds good. If I were going I'd attend.

> Over the past couple of months I've studied the traffic of the Zope
> mailing lists and been concerned and puzzled about the drop in
> conversation.  Reading the recent board minutes of the Zope
> Foundation I
> see there is concern there as well.  I would like to help - Zope is
> cool
> tech but many folks don't know that.

Zope as both a code base and community seems to be splintering. The
question is, will a fragment regenerate? If it's not sharding like
glass but is more of a fractal transformation - which is what I hope -
there's a good chance that it will.

Kit

--
Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051