[ZF] Repository choice: Please indicate your preference until Sunday 9/23

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Sep 18 03:08:37 UTC 2012

2012/9/17 Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>:

> 1) Retain the status quo: We stick with Subversion and the existing infrastructure on svn.zope.org. Nothing changes.
>
> 2) GitHub only: The foundation will create writable GitHub repositories under the "zopefoundation" GitHub name. Every contributor must then open a GitHub account and we'll try to map current contributors to those GitHib accounts (the details haven't been fully planned)
>
> … and the official recommendation from the board of directors, which in our opinion provides the best compromise between the foundation's charter to safeguard the code and keep a clean "chain of ownership" on one side and the convenience of the GitHub web interface on the other side:

In general +1 for Github if the legal aspects like chain of ownership
can be resolved. The functionality of Github and its widely acceptance
among developer
outvalues any try for building a private infrastructure. It seems to
be working well for the Plone community so why not for Zope world.

Andreas