[Grok-dev] Re: grok.define_role

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Aug 2 06:25:28 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 8/2/07, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> >    class NicePermission(grok.Permission):
> >        grok.name('my.NicePermission')
> >        grok.title('A nice permission')
>
> I *hope* I have a bit of time to work on this before I leave for my
> vacation comming weekend. It should not be very hard to implement.

Cool!

> One question though: are we now at a point in Grok's lifecycle where
> we need to formally deprecate features when we think of better ways?
> Or can we still "refactor mercilessly'?

I'd say refactor mercilessly. As long as we give a proper head's up on
the mailing list this should be easy enough for everybody to adapt in
their code.

One potential issue is ordering - since code isn't grokked in the
order of definition, it might be someone defines a role or permission
and expects to be able to use it below. This means we need to give the
role and permission grokkers a higher priority so they happen earlier.