[Grok-dev] Re: Bug on windows

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Aug 16 03:06:29 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen skrev:
> Max M wrote:
>> Max M skrev:
>>
>>> In D:\zope3\GrokTest\bin there is a buildout.exe and a
>>> buildout-script.py I renamed the "buildout-script.py" to "buildout"
>>> and it seemed to work.
>>
>> /me jumping the gun here. It did not work. A bug showed up later while
>> installing Zope 3.
>>
>> Just couldn't see it as the error text ended up outside my console
>> window.
>
> It's important for me to get Grok running on windows, especially as I
> have a project that needs to run on windows by next week.
>
> I thought Philipp had made some progress with windows binary eggs for
> Zope 3 and the like, but this makes me worry. I should sit down and try
> installing Grok on windows this week. Philipp?

I have it set up with cygwin as Philipp has described elsewhere. I have
verified that this setup works.

Other than that I just installed the latest easy install and did the
easy install of grok.

I am not too familiar with this method, so I don't know if there is some
implicit knowledge I am missing.

On the other hand. If I am missing it, someone else probably is too.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science