[Grok-dev] Re: buildout and download errors

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Aug 16 11:47:54 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 8/16/07, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 16.08.2007, 15:16 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> > > I fixed that. It was caused by changed behaviour of martian.scan, which
> > > does not scan 'test*' directories any more, right?
> >
> > Correct - this was a change by JW. I intend to actually move the
> > behavior out of scan again as it should stay away from knowledge about
> > Zope directory naming, and into martian proper, but haven't had the time.
>
> Cool. The admin-UI is looking up subpackages using martian.scan.
> Therefore currently no subpackages named 'test*' are displayed in the
> class browser. That's a pity, because in test-dirs often valuable
> information is stored.

Okay, this is a problem with the current approach. I didn't realize
when I told JW to go ahead with this that someone was depending on it
besides Grok yet.

Why don't you roll back this behavior from martian's scan, or at least
make it optional (pass a list of modules names to ignore to it, or a
filter function, or something like that). If you have time?