[Grok-dev] Re: buildout and download errors

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Aug 16 12:25:02 EDT 2007

Hi Martijn,

Am Donnerstag, den 16.08.2007, 17:47 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> > Cool. The admin-UI is looking up subpackages using martian.scan.
> > Therefore currently no subpackages named 'test*' are displayed in the
> > class browser. That's a pity, because in test-dirs often valuable
> > information is stored.
>
> Okay, this is a problem with the current approach. I didn't realize
> when I told JW to go ahead with this that someone was depending on it
> besides Grok yet.

No worries! The code wasn't checked in at that time. And it's easy to
write an own package finder if needed.

> Why don't you roll back this behavior from martian's scan, or at least
> make it optional (pass a list of modules names to ignore to it, or a
> filter function, or something like that). If you have time?

I'd do the latter with a filter function tonight if that's okay for
everybody.

The tests problem might be solved more easily (and more explicitly) with
the upcoming grok.testing.

Cheers,

--
Uli