[Grok-dev] Re: Permissions-tutorial in SVN

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:42:37 EDT 2007

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>>> Just to be sure: does this tutorial described permissions as they are in
>>> grok 0.10 or as they are in grok trunk?
>> I'm currently updating it to reflect the changes on the trunk (as this
>> file only exists on the trunk anyway). It contains a short note for
>> pre-trunk users.
>
> I wonder if we should set a policy for this. Personally I would prefer
> that documentation, especially documentation appearing on the website,
> documents the last release instead of as-yet-unreleased code.

Well, then the documentation on the website should not be generated from
the trunk, but from the released version I'd say. We could even generate
a second set of documentation pages on the website explicitely for the
trunk of grok.

If there's a strong wish (and I can certainly see that use case!) to
include the "older" permissions tutorial on the website, I guess we
could create an 0.10 *branch* or something, where documentation relevant
for that release is evolving?

Another thought that just popped up: You could argue documentation
should follow the same pattern as formal deprecations (but we're not yet
doing formal deprecations).

kind regards,
jw