[Grok-dev] Re: Grok-CD

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke at web.de
Tue Jul 10 06:12:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

I just want to say that I've shown the logos on this page
http://www.dzug.org/marketing/corporate-design/grok

to a friend of mine, a very good designer with much experience in
corporate design.

I asked him, what he thinks and feels, when he sees the logo.

The name "Grok" makes him think of vikings, strong and brute men,
spontaneously. The name sounds nordic to him. And the club makes the
impression of bruteness even more stronger.

I asked him, whether it could be the name of a caveman, he said: yes
of course!

I think this is great. He did not know anything about Grok or Zope
and understands it all at once.

Then I told him the story behind the logo about Zope 3 and the
smashing of all tedious things with grok. And he said, jes this
perfectly fits.

He also likes the design work itself. Maybe it is not all finished,
but generally it works. Only the very end of the grip could be
slightly thicker (as baseball bats have). And we should try out other
colors, to finally find the best solution.

I think that we are on a very good way. What do you think, perhaps we
only need some more variations (slightly thicker grip end, some more
paleolithic colors) and we could make a poll about it.

juh

--
hasecke.com :: Text und Redaktion
Denn ohne Content bleibt auch eine Zope-Site statisch!