[Grok-dev] Re: Benefits of Grok -- please contribute

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:23:36 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org> wrote:
> Ideally, it should be simple to start any project on the ZODB and
> later switch to a relational dababase back-end, with as little pain as
> possible.

That's only possible if you restrict yourself to storing the data in
such a way that you always can map it to a relational database think.
I am completely and utterly 100% convinced that's an amazingly bad
idea.

If you don't have that restriction from the beginning, you will have
to reorganize the data when you switch, and that's hardly "a little
pain". :-)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64