[Grok-dev] Re: Skinning/themeing

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun May 20 08:38:15 EDT 2007

On 5/20/07, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> Me too, so long as it's not a framework of that forces me to make
> choices I don't have the time or experience to make right. :)

This is how I see it:

Grok isn't, and shouldn't be, a be all end all monolithic framework
thingamajig. Very few unexperienced people should select "Grok" as
their framework. They should select a framework like a CMS, or an ERP
or something, that does most of what they want. Grok will be a part of
those frameworks, but another part of those frameworks will be a
decision of what template language to use. Another decision made for
you at that level is what web server to use. Maybe it's zope.server,
maybe it's something else that talks WSGI. Maybe that framework even
have decided to use Varnish as a part of the framework. Maybe they
have decided what WYSIWYG schema editor to use.

All of this could (and should) be decided for you in a finished
high-level framework. Grok is not that framework, but it is a part of
it.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64