[Grok-dev] Re: Organizing the further development effort

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri May 25 04:28:31 EDT 2007

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> This suggestion might be absolutely nuts, but... how about setting up a
> paypal account where one could donate to the documentation project.

Not a bad idea. Note that Google is paying two students to spend serious
time on Grok documentation. But we can't have enough docs...

> Maybe it would also be possible to outsource the docs writing so as to
> get a reasonable bang for the buck, say in India, Polen, Russia, or the
> Baltic states.

The problem is that we need somebody who's familiar with Grok, and we
need decent English, which limits the set of people.

> This way maybe the core brains could keep focus on the
> core development but we would still have momentum in the docs
> department. If these guys keep an eye on the test code as well, they
> could double as a lightweight QA-team.

Well, I personally wouldn't mind being paid for some Grok work for a
change ;). If I were paid I would actually be able to spend more time on
Grok, like Martijn. And I can also be a cheap date when I'm having fun :).

> I would without hesitation donate EUR 100 to such an effort if I knew
> others would too. Maybe I could even se which revisions I have sponsored
> :) that would be fun and cool.

Let's see how many others would chip in.