[Grok-dev] grok.Application as zope root

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:18:58 EDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with these observations, *however*, there needs to be a way to
> make "taking over the zope root" optionally in a very easy way: I forsee
> people do want to have multiple applications running in a Zope instance
> - I know I will need this option.
>
> Maybe we can introduce a grok.ApplicationRoot that will "take over" the
> zope root, where grok.Application retains the current behaviour?

I think I saw this discussion before, and I also agree that I as well
want the ability to  start several applications or several instances
of one application on one server. I think it should be possible to
take over the site-root, that's difficult with Zope2, and I know we
had problems with that when doing EasyPublisher where we wanted that
to happen.

But I'm pretty sure that most developers do not want the application
== root by default, at least not once they have gotten used to Grok,
so I also think that it should be easy to switch. Perhaps even easy to
use the same application in both ways.

Would is be possible to have a way to select the root application in
the configuration?

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64