[Grok-dev] Re: Template pluggability and megrok.genshi finished.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Oct 6 05:47:13 EDT 2007

Lennart Regebro wrote:
[snip]

> megrok.genshi, Genshi templates in Grok:
> http://svn.zope.org/megrok.genshi/trunk/
>
> After feedback on the list, we now have no way of traversing from
> inside a template. I agree on the principle, but suspect it's going to
> be unwieldy, so maybe a "traverse" method or similar could be an idea.
> Maybe we should start using it first and see. Maybe not. :-)

I think we should end up with two versions of the Genshi integration:

* the unwieldy, strictly controlled version where nothing is in the
namespace except exactly what people pass in from their view. As far as
I understand it, we have the infrastructure to build this now.

* the "wieldy" one, where we *definitely* should pass in the 'path'
function (as known from ZPT) into the Genshi template.

Since we're working on the "wieldy" version first, I think we *should*
pass in 'path' (and call it that way).