[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Oct 9 10:31:16 EDT 2007

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>> Assuming people want this UI.
>> That's more an advanced deployment issue. I'm assuming beginners will be
>> helped by a UI.
>
> Can you explain why? Everyone I talk to expect that 'the UI' will be the
> application, since that is what they are building or deploying.

Because a UI helps a beginner to immediately find out how:

* to remove the application from the object database

* how to add additional applications

* how to browse the objects and see what modules implement them

* that their application object is broken (a big beginner mystery, that)

* how to get to the server info, etc

Anyway, it might not be a big deal, but GUIs have their places.