[Grok-dev] Re: The Mammoth-Herd Example

Andy Adiwidjaja adiwidjaja at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:23:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Sep 11, 5:38 am, "Luciano Ramalho" <luci... at ramalho.org> wrote:
> On 9/10/07, Martijn Faassen <faas... at startifact.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for doing this work!

np

> > Luciano, Darryl, can you two coordinate and take care of moving this
> > code and updating the website? Please?
>
> What do you think? Keep simple apps and real apps together under
> grokapps? I usually prefer flat structures, especially since we don't
> have hundreds of apps (yet).

I prefer that, too. Maybe we can show the difference with the app
names: Use "herdexample" vs. "grokstar". Note that I used a copy of
bootstrap.py, not the svn:externals like in other apps (I like to
minimize externals to foreign repositories in my own repositories).

I would like to check in the code to svn.zope.org myself, but
unfortunately I have not checkin rights (only to codespeak). I really
need this "how to become a Zope contributor" Martijn mentioned in the
"various balls" mail...

Slightly off topic: Is there a solution to this error message?

"The required version of setuptools (>=0.6c7) is not available, and
can't be installed while this script is running. Please install
 a more recent version first.

(Currently using setuptools 0.6c6 (/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-
packages/setuptools-0.6c6-py2.4.egg))"

This confused my colleages and is not necessary I think - the
bootstrap.py should test the setuptools version before running it.

Cheers,

Andy