[Grok-dev] inspect.html versus inspect in admin UI

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Sep 12 13:09:45 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.09.2007, 18:06 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Hi there,
>
> Today I noticed that the admin UI's object browser uses the view name
> inspect.html. Grok tends to consistently use view names without
> extensions, so just inspect should be sufficient. Plus it's slightly
> easier to type /inspect to get the inspector.

The intention was not to block the 'inspect' view name for application
developers.

> Eventually we might get in trouble with applications that want to define
> their own 'inspect', but it's not a huge problem so let's cross that
> bridge when we get there.

The cleaner solution might be to do a different traversal and to use a
pseudo-namespace of some kind, like the class browser does. This,
however, would mean a broader effort.

Anyway, it's not a big thing to change the view name to 'inspect'. I'll
do it tonight if no further objections appear.

Kind regards,

--
Uli